According to an Indescat study on the profile of the sports practitioner in Spain, 52% of the Spanish population practices sports at least once a week. 90% of the population between 16 and 70 years old, claims to practice sports or intend to do so in the future. While 82% of practitioners say their main motivation is health. Even so, many of us are unaware of the healthy habits to keep in mind to recover easily after training.
Experts point out that physical activity must be accompanied by a good diet, a healthy and balanced diet that helps the preparation, maintenance, and physical recovery after playing sports. Well, as Dr. Nieves Palacios, head of the Sports Medicine Center of the Higher Sports Council and nutritionist of Olympic athletes, points out: “during a day of intense exercise, the body loses potassium with sweat, an important role in nerve function and muscle control of the body, so losing it, can lead to weakening of the muscles. ”
The 5 keys to recover easily after playing sports
1. It is important to maintain a balanced diet and select foods carefully; some of them because they have superior properties to others, are more beneficial.
2. Including water in the diet will help you replace the loss of potassium that goes into sports.
3. Eat foods that are a natural source of potassium always after physical exercise, never before.
4. Antioxidants are one of the key elements for muscle recovery, as is the consumption of protein that is beneficial especially after an intense day of sports.
5. Taking 49 pistachios after physical exercise will help you replenish potassium. The healthy nutritional profile of this dried fruit makes it the ideal food for athletes. In addition, it is a natural source of antioxidants and contains 6 grams of protein per serving; and, nutrients that can be more complicated to obtain such as magnesium and Vitamin A.